The purchase of this property by the Haddam Land Trust will provide:
- Clean water. The Beaver Pond and downstream marsh act as a water purifier and filter helping to ensure water quality all the way downstream to Long Island Sound.
- Prevention from any construction or demolition caused by future development.
- The connection of almost 500 acres of protected state and watershed properties.
- A pristine habitat, large enough and isolated enough to provide a migratory and permanent home for a multitude of species.
- A very special upland forest and wetland habitat that will be protected for wild animals and people for many generations to come.
- Our own Walden Pond and the surrounding scenic forest containing several vernal pools, 3 running streams, more than 40 different bird species, rock ledges and a hillside strewn with large glacial erratics.
- A looped trail system highlighting the beaver pond and leading visitors to see the many other natural phenomena that exist on the property.